Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Don't Fail Me Now

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 29. Holidays have sucked since the vulvodynia started. They just don't feel the same anymore -- Thanksgiving doesn't feel like Thanksgiving, Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas, and my birthday is always a prayer for the coming year.

Plus, I'm at school 12-6 and 8-10 tomorrow, which are about the worst birthday hours ever, and I have no idea what I'm going to do to make it feel like my birthday. All my plans so far are for the weekend.

But then there is the magic of music. I've been listening to R&B, and Missy Elliott just came on with a birthday-saving song (SWEAR WORDS...key stanza below):

P***y don't fail me now
I gotta turn this n*gga out
So he don't want nobody else
But me and only me
The lyrics aren't PERFECT, but thank you, Missy, for that first line. I'm sure we can come up with something relevant for the rest of it...
P***y don't fail me now
No matter where I go out
I light my chair on fire
Every time I take a seat
Share yours?

P.S. Blogger thinks "p***y" might be objectionable and asked me if I wanted to flag my own blog. I caved...

3 comments:

  1. happy almost birthday. I say stretch it out for a full week so you can make it last longer.

    um, your birthday

    not your objectionable p-word

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!

    Lora, yeah, my p-word is more like a one-minute man these days.

    ReplyDelete