Friday, October 2, 2015

Happy birthday, vulvodynia

This is how living with vulvodynia feels


I'm finding it hard to deal with vulvodynia without blogging. I live alone so I can't turn and say OW when I want to be heard. I can't talk about it openly most of the time when I'm not alone because I'm rarely in private, one-on-one situations. When I am, silence comes over me about it. I don't want to complain, I don't want to make it all about me, I don't want to bore, I can't explain it all so it makes sense, etc. And I absolutely suck at reaching out for support. I'm introverted, and I've always been a private person in some respects. You can't tell by how my cooch is all over this blog, I know.

So I'm feeling more and more alone inside it because I'm not talking about it anywhere. I have to keep blogging or keep sharing in some way because this silence is exhausting. I'm starting to feel like I don't exist.

4 comments:

  1. You are not alone in this. I totally understand the need to share, and blogging has definitely been a help for me too. When we keep it to ourselves we can't really heal. Keep blogging and keep sharing. You are helping others who are also struggling with this pain just by being open about your own struggles. And if you ever want to communicate with someone directly who can relate to your pain, please email me (WSHThereIsHope@gmail.com).
    Sending you thoughts of hope!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I'm here if you need/want to talk. Shoot me an email and catch up, won't ya?

    jenji

    ReplyDelete