Thursday, July 28, 2011

If you don't want people to comment on your weight, why are you commenting on mine?

Person: Are you getting skinnier?
Me: Relative to you, yes.

*

Person: You look skinnier.
Me: Maybe your eyes are getting fatter.

*

Person: You're so skinny!
Me: Don't be jealous, you look good too!

*

Person: Are you losing weight?
Me: Nope, checked yesterday, still good ol' 125 like I was in high school!

*

Person: You're too skinny.
Me: I know, I have great metabolism. I can eat anything I want and never gain a pound.

*

Person: Are you eating?
Me: I had six pancakes and four turkey-sausage links this morning for breakfast. What did you have?

*

Person: Are you getting skinnier?
Me: Do you know how lucky you are that talking about how fat someone is to her face is taboo?

*

Dear (American/Non-Starving) World,

99% of you are fatter than I am. Get over it.

With Sincerity,
Esther

1 comment:

  1. Thank You!

    Check this out.

    http://jenjiworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/double-standard.html

    So nice to know I'm not alone!

    jenji

    ReplyDelete